February 20 - The Nurse Novels: Trapped In The Studio

Greg Norman of Electrical Audio legend is my friend. I've known him now for eight years. He recorded Let's Get Out Of This Terrible Sandwich Shop and Los Shut Up. And we travelled Europe together with The Bitter Tears. His studio, Studio Greg Studios II, is located on the south side of Chicago.

Today he recorded The Nurse Novels, my new band with Thea, Tom and Nicole. We set up and recorded basic tracks for six songs onto 2" tape: "War," "Sea Day," "Catalyst," "Work Horse," "Monsters 'n' Moldies," and "NIMBY." It's going to be a fun record.

For dinner we ate pizza and watched 25 minutes of R Kelly's Trapped In The Closet. I always knew this existed, and knew about its legacy, but I had never seen any of them.
It is genius to say the very least. The genius of a 38 year old man creating an adolescent, green screen song-movie about gun-waving hypocrites and stereotyped bystanders trying to solve infidelity as a group.
He's the thug Brian Wilson.

We have a session next Saturday with Greg.
I can't wait to see what happens next with R Kelly.

Oh yeah.
And The Nurse Novels.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment