October 28 - Night Of The Living Snowboarders Seen Through The Eyes Of A Washed Up Has-Been Who Never Was A Been

It would be an overnight shoot.
Kind of like a sleepover.
Or what was that movie where the kids stayed overnight at a museum?
The Mummy's Nightmare or some shit.
So it's like The Mummy's Nightmare, only it's at a sporting goods store.
That and you can't actually sleep.
It's not like a real sleepover or anything.
Besides, I don't think those museum kids got any sleep running from all those mummies and shit.
And what would be the point of filming a commercial if everyone was asleep?
Y'know?
Wait.
What did I just say?
Let me repeat what I wrote and see.
What would be the point of filming a commercial...
...okay...
...if everyone was asleep.
Huh.
Let me try that again.
What would be the point...
M'kay.
...of filming a commerical...
It's somewhere over here in this part of the sentence.
It feels like there's some sort of deeper meaning.
Hold on, just let me repeat this part again...
...what would be the point of filming a commercial...
......
Shit.
There's gotta be something there.
I just can't figure out what it is.

The assistant director that I had worked with in pre-production had left and replaced himself with another guy.
And he selected another PA to be his go-to guy.
So I spent most of the night wandering around aimlessly looking for something or nothing to do.
With an errant tennis ball, I wedged the loading dock door open to keep the alarm from going off.
That killed 4 seconds.
I opened a jar for the craft services lady.
She commented on how messily I had opened it.
Those two events consumed 17 seconds.
Mostly I hung around production, in hopes they would send me on a run.
There was a long shot that a printer ink cartridge would be needed.
I spent close to an hour calling all of the Walgreens and Meijers and Targets and Walmarts in the area, looking for this rare cartridge.
No one had it.
But I felt almost useful for close to an hour.

When useless, I bullshat with Holli and Reid and Karisa.
A regular from the bar whose name I can never remember was also on this job.
I had many connections here from my actual life.
But it all felt generally uncomfortable.

The snowboarders were young and laughy.
I guess that's what they do for a living.
It didn't make sense to me.
Nothing did.
They sent me out for coffee.
That made sense.
Two vanilla coolatas.
That did not make sense.
I got the two vanilla coolatas.
Nobody drank them.
Nothing made sense.
Hitler, 9/11, and Will Smith made more sense than this.

No, I'm wrong.
Snowboarding is totally fresh.
Same with sporting goods products.
And vanilla coolatas.

Verdict: Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment