November 6 - Friendly

The Paper Machete Choristers returned to the stage today.
The stage being a corner of a bar.
Sam, John, the two Dans and I sang and snapped to "And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine" while Chris riffed over it.
"And the cabbage wasn't hay...it was sauerkraut!"

I am a fan and supporter of this program.
It's dangerous though.
It's in a bar.
Often times by the end of it I'm a bit loaded.
Though I prefer the term friendly.

Most attendees to the Machete tend to split immediately after the show.
Not me.
I stick around.
Because it's in a bar.
And I'm feeling friendly.

Chris, also feeling friendly, asked me if I would like to read next week.
I happily agreed.
I'm glad he was feeling friendly enough to give me another shot after my disastrous debut this summer.

Chris left, but I stuck around the bar even longer.
To research the news with all the friends I didn't know.
Apparently some nuns auctioned off a Honus Wagner tobacco card.
I decided to write about that.

I came home around 8 to an empty apartment.
Lauren was understudying on the Second City Mainstage.
All that friendliness had exhausted me.
I don't remember falling asleep.
But I immediately did.
Around 2, Lauren came home.
She bounced around the apartment in her jacket.
She giggled and wilted.
And sprang.
Apparently, she was feeling very friendly.
By then I wasn't feeling as friendly, but acknowledged her laughter with some of my own.

I wonder if this is how Steve & Eydie do it.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment