October 26 - Of Use

It rained in lumps and punches.
The wind bullied our ugly city.
Everyone was late.
Holli took shelter in my van.
She and I would be working on another job together.
A commercial about snowboarding and sporting goods.

Today I helped with the location scout.
I met the producer, the director, and some other people at a sporting goods store in the suburbs.
While there, I saw Reid.
He was on this job, too.

Because I declared that I'm an excellent locations PA, everyone followed me to the Panera Bread Co for lunch.
Good thing I got lost.
It started with a no left turn sign out of the mall next to Woodfield Mall.
It continued when I lost my bearings because everything around Woodfield Mall looks exactly the same.
At the Panera, the producer made fun of me about it and had me order her an Arnold Palmer.
Good thing I didn't look up what that was on my smart phone.
Thankfully the girl behind the counter seemed know.
Half iced tea, half lemonade.
Now I can say that I'm an excellent drink orders PA.

I picked up the gaffer from the airport.
His handshake felt like a rope.
He smoked Marlboros.
He was from New Orleans.
His accent and pleasant demeanor made it feel like vacation.

The assistant director told me how things would work on the day of the shoot.
"We'll put a small craft services here. We'll pull out these racks and set up the D-chairs for our video village. Make sure this aisle is clear..."
I wrote it all down and turned it into a floor plan.
Look at me!
Of use!

Then it was time for Bitter Tears play practice.
While there, I saw Reid.
He was in this show, too.
We drank to help us with our acting and our lines.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment