November 4 - Nurse Novels Live & Unlogged

Not too long ago, John from The Bitter Tears gave me a CD-R.
It was a recording of the first Nurse Novels show.
We played at Quenchers back in March.
According to the blog post for that day, "it was a great night".
According to the recording from that night, it was not.
I cringed a lot while skimming through its portions.
Under-rehearsed, no set list, no sound check.
I ejected it dejected.

So tonight we returned to Quenchers.
It was a better night.
People liked our banter.
Thea and I do this "fun" thing where we kind of bicker at each other.
I'll say something like, "This song is about a guy who feels guilty about breaking up and thinks it's his fault, but really it's not his fault."
Then she'll shake her head and say something like, "No, it was his fault."
Or she'll stand in front of me while I'm telling a story (because I am Ray Davies), and I'll say, "Hey! You're blocking my story!"
And she'll say something like, "Oh, I didn't know this was story time."
Stuff like that.

See, we used to date.
Like five years ago.
It didn't end very well.
I think she even kept a blog about it.
It's taken about four years for us to be cool again.
Still, old petty nonsense likes to creep in now and then.
That and musical codependence.

So yeah we had fun about that.
Like I said I think it was a better night.
I hope nobody recorded it.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment