Louisville

As you can see, it's The Year 2011.
One of those science fictional years no one writes about.

It's 2:19am specifically.
Another slow night at the bar.
Kim closed it up early.
I rode my bike home.
I'm determined to combat this softness that's been squatting on me lately.
I don't think unemployment is my thing.
Especially when I'm not getting unemployment checks.

Another biker and I kept leap frogging up Damen.
He had a Dynamex messenger bag.
We ended up conversing for a few miles.
It seems he had to quit messengering, too.
He's rickshawing these days.
I guess we're all figuring it out.

I leave for Louisville later "today".
Lauren's out there with Second City for a month.
Basically they come to your town and make fun of it.
It's a good gig.
It'll be champagne to get out of here for a few days.
I had hoped to lay low and catch up on this back logged loser diary.
But who knows.
Maybe it'll just be an endless stream of bourbon, Slint and hot browns.
I don't even like Slint.

No comments:

Post a Comment