September 28 - Any Pain, Any Sore, Any Hair

Sore!
Sore!!
Yesterday's nine hour lunchless 12,000 square ft. paint job made me sore.

I got an oil change.
I cleaned the van.
I got a haircut.
It went well.
I finally got the same barber who gave me that wicked Gene Vincent rockabilly cut last year.
In the middle of the haircut a guy from the street came in and bought a vacuum cleaner.

Sore from errands, I worked on music.
A song about a bunch of jerks at a Houston Oilers bar.
It's a silly throwaway.

Sore from making trite music, I watched Ice Road Truckers.
Coarse kooks with thick brogues hauling heavy loads over the ice before spring returns the road to a lake.
It made me want to visit the end of the world.

Sore from ill-informed romantic ideas about The Arctic, I went to bed.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment