September 23 - Cosmo Lauren

So what's Lauren up to?
She's been using her acting skills at the hospital.
Medical students have to correctly diagnose her based on the symptoms assigned to her.
Yes, like the Seinfeld episode.
It's one of the rare instances where acting is actually doing something useful for mankind.

Today she played Doris, a 48 year old pack-a-day smoker with an obstructed bowel.
A bit of a stretch, but hey.
Lauren's a pro.

Apparently, this strange world has its own subculture.
Many of the other actors there were regulars.
A few them made catty criticisms about the aspiring doctors.
"Can you believe he didn't even ask me about my eating habits?"
They all cackled.
Lauren moved further away from them.
These people are going to be doctors!
What the fuck are you doing?

I worked at the bar tonight.
Here's what I wrote:

My triumphant return as a doorman.
Kim & Brian both texted me to make sure I was still working there.
"Just stay alert at the door."
It's a dead night tonight w/ Kim.
Nothing spectacular happened –
A stumbling drunk man in his late 40s labored through the door + asked me if I liked Shakespeare or mumble.
He repeated it.
"I dont know."
He was here for about 5 minutes, bought me + Kim beers, left the change from a $20, and split.
Kim explained that he comes in here about every 2 weeks after getting overly refreshed at all the Polish bars – talks a bunch + then tips beyond generously.
One time he tipped Brian $80.
Brian refused it + put it in an envelope for him to get when he was sober.
A month went by, + he returned, still insisting that was for Brian.
Recently he tipped Kim $40.
"You need a new bike."
She didn't. She has four bikes.
"Well then you want a new Bike."
He thanked me for Being nice to him – though really I was just dead + unemotional toward him.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment