September 18 - Monsters 'n Moldies

It had been one hour since the end of Grundler Bend.
The time was 11am Central Standard Time.
I used 3/4 of an hour to lie down next to Lauren on a bed in the apartment we use.
Then it was time to go.

Months ago The Nurse Novels had booked a recording session with Greg Norman for today.
Tom, Thea and I mixed tracks for our second single.
It's a rocker.

Working Title: Pumpkins On The Bloodbox

1. Work Whorse
2. Monsters 'n Moldies
3. Catalyst

Right at the get-go, I ate Mexican food and drank beer.
You usually do this sort of thing at the end of the session.
But hey.

Lauren let me borrow her cornet and French horn.
Greg loaned me his tiny weird out of tune electric guitar.
Tom let me use his big pedal gizmo.
And I still had Boaz's djembe.
So I laid down overdubs on "Monsters 'n Moldies".
Then we fixed some vocal lines.
Here are the results.

After that I passed out on the studio couch forever and forever.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment