April 4 - Part Success

Now that Lauren is away, there's no one to tell me when bedtime should be.
So now I:
Fall asleep on the couch around 11pm.
Wake up at 1am.
Watch Forensic Files until 3am, then go to bed.
Wake up at 7am for no reason.
On my day off.

It's Easter Sunday. We had an 11am Rush put-in rehearsal for understudy Ross Bryant (my cabinmate on the cruise ship). Unfortunately the doors to the theater were locked and no one had a key. While waiting in the lobby of Piper's Alley, the cast went over songs from the show. One is in the style of that Rent song about numbers, only it quotes Rush Limbaugh for its lyrcis:

Let stupid unskilled jobs go to stupid Mexicans,
AIDS hasn't spread to heterosexual men,
Feminism allows ugly women in the mainstream,
All photos of criminals look like Jesse Jackson

Meanwhile a man walking his toddler son, both in their Sunday best, strolled through the lobby and into that chorus. Happy Easter, guys!

The Easter Sunday crowd was strangely into Rush Limbaugh! The Musical. They were hooting and yacking at the actors. Some people hissed at Rush. And we got applause in odd spots that theoretically shouldn't receive applause:

RUSH: I want to own a couple dozen black men but the St. Louis Rams wouldn't let me.

After that, The Nurse Novels met to go over more sounds for the recordings. Tom's old Korg provided lots of possibilities. Thea seemed to favor the robot sounds, while I preferred the smoother ones.
Rain poured down. Gawd took some Polaroids.
During a cigarette, I thought of a percussion overdub: slow motion cymbal.

A couple of days ago I asked my boss if I could use some vacation time for the upcoming Bitter Tears tour in Europe.
"You're part time!"
Which means I don't get vacation pay.
At first I was a little miffed. After all, I come in every day and I haven't called in sick in two years. But then I remembered. Last year I took a total of ten weeks off from work. Not too many other jobs would allow someone to take time off like that.
"You're part time!"
Which means I do other things besides my day job.
This is a good thing.
It means I'm part way there.
To Successville.
To Success Heights.
To Successlawn.
I'm part time!
I'm part success!

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment