April 2 - Old and Resting

Good Friday. The roads were mostly quiet.
I made a couple of pick ups and then drove to a suburban hospital. My mom was undergoing a procedure that would render her unable to drive. We hung out in her patient's room and she caught me up on The Young & The Restless. There was a masquerade party going on in Genoa City, man. Victor and Nicky were wearing masks, along with a group of hooligans who poisoned the punch. This same group has also been known to crash weddings, filling wrapped presents with dead rats and live, hissing cobras!
Hey, give 'em a break. They're just young and restless.

Afterward, Mom accompanied me to a bindery where I picked up 6 boxes of someone's ruined afternoon. When I dropped her off, she gave me an Easter basket filled with chocolate and Pez. In two weeks I'll be 35 years old.

They're tearing up North and South Wacker for the next two years, eliminating the on and off ramps at Monroe and Adams. Today I made my last venture up a ramp I've driven and biked on for a decade. The city will always change.

I stayed in tonight so I could catch up on this damn blog.
And opened a window for the first time since October.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment