April 10 - Nice Days Finish Last

Nice days call for rolled down windows.
On the way to pick up The Bitter Tears for a show in Peoria, a man standing at a traffic signal approached my window. He wanted to talk about Jesus.
"Not interested. Sorry."
He came on stronger to me about Jesus. He forced his belief in Jesus on me vehemently. He assaulted me with Jesus.
It began to feel like talk of Jesus was tainting this otherwise nice day.
"Fuck Jesus. Jesus sucks."
He told me he used to talk that way.
He assumed that I was into "the Devil."
He inferred that I thought "the Devil" was cool.
"Nope."
I tried to tell him that it was okay for people to believe whatever they wanted.
But he only wanted to talk louder than me. About Jesus.
And now God, too.
I wanted to roll up the window, but it was such a nice day.
He told me that God invented science.
"But God doesn't exist."
Actually, I don't know if God exists.
Nor does anyone else.
But I felt that point of view should be represented.
Thank God the light turned green.

I suppose most people would consider me the asshole in this exchange.
I say it was a draw.

We played Peoria.
It was a weird show.

Verdict: Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment