April 20 - Of Mice And Zen

For the second morning in a row, I awoke on the couch, my eyes sticky and blurry from having left in my contacts. My neck felt like it had a screwdriver lodged in it.

Another slow day at work. A ten foot tall canvas of a Disney poster went to a frame shop in Highland Park. That was about it. Oh yeah, while doing a bank deposit for a client I overstuffed the transaction capsule and accidentally clogged the suction tube machine. It shut down the only lane of teller traffic. Whoops.

At home I made steak tacos. My caramelized peppers were more along the lines of charred grasshoppers.

While working on a demo, a mouse appeared in the kitchen. I stopped working on music.

Lauren and I were going to watch American Idol together on Skype, but the timing didn’t work out. Siobhan did a great job of singing, but challenged the judges’ observations for the third week in a row. Now it’s become a pattern, and it seems like she’s not listening to constructive criticism. Bummer. I tried to vote for her anyway, but the lines were busy.

An email told me that a Bitter Tears gig in Brussels has been cancelled.

Around 11 I gave up and found a real life bed.

Verdict: Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment