April 1 - Fools, Schools & Tools, Mules, Rools

Fools
This morning I heard a promo for David Letterman's new NPR show. I tuned in only to discover that today is April Gullible Idiot's Day.

Schools & Tools
At the American College of Healthcare Executives, the guy in the mailroom was condescending and unpleasant to me. While waiting for the freight elevator I noticed that the organization's acronym is ACHE.

Mules
Among other things, I delivered three boxes handbills to The Congo Square Theatre and 6 cases of wine and vodka to an ice rink in Bensenville. The weather today was unreal, setting a new record at 84 degrees. I got sunburnt on my left arm and the top of my left knee.
Oh yeah, I'm going to have a weird tan for the next six months.

Rools
Then over some beers (Tom, Nicole, myself) and gin (Thea) The Nurse Novels went over vocal arrangements and overdub ideas for our new recordings. It was nice to hear vocals on these instrumental rough mixes that have dominated the van for the last month. We're going to release the records as a series of online singles, selling DIY CD-R's at shows until someone wants to put it out and/or people want to buy actual records again.

The bike ride home was lovely and windy in the direction I needed to go.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment