November 26 - Ducks, Talks, Drinks

Lauren, Lauren's folks, my mom and I went on a duck tour.
Those amphibious WWII-era tanks that have been known to cause casualties.
It was fun.
We quacked along with the best of them.
Surprisingly the citizens of Pittsburgh weren't annoyed.
In fact, they quacked back.
Why not?
The Stillers are having a good season, n'at.

Brrr!!
It was brisk out in there.
Especially when we drove onto the river.
Either the Allegheny or the Monongahela.
Or both.
It is a confluence.
It gets slippy.

For lunch we ate at Primanti Bros.
I love Primanti's.
They put coleslaw and fries on the sandwiches.
I forgot what I ate.
Kolbassi, cappicola, knockwurst with egg.
Yinz gotta try it anymore.

Ah, but the fun had to end at some point.
It was time for Lauren's folks, my mom, and Lauren and I to sit at a round table and discuss the wedding.
It didn't go well.
We explained that we are not having a traditional ceremony.
I think this conjured images of blood soaked orgies, homosexual Manson worship, bestiality, consumption of human organs, and guzzling wine made from abortions.
At one point, my mom said "who are you?"
I was reduced to my sixteen-year-old self once again.
We got to the dead end of the discussion in a circuitous manner.

In lieu of peace, I drank.
In lieu of sleep, I harbored anger and resentment about what is scheduled to be the happiest day of my life.

Verdict: Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment