November 24 - Chicago To Pittsburgh With The Women In My Life

Lauren, my mom and I drove to Pittsburgh today.
It's about an eight hour drive.
I got crabby.
Why do I get so crabby around my mom?
We do things differently I guess.
She likes to bring lots of pillows and bedding to places that already have pillows and bedding.
And other stuff.
It turns me sour and silent and sixteen.
I have to stop being sixteen at some point.
It's not that bad.
It's not even bad.
She loves me.
And she doesn't want me talking about her on the internet.
So I'll stop.
But I was crabby all day.

We stopped for lunch in Toledo.
Tony Packo's.
It's a Hungarian comfort food spot.
Klinger name-checked it a few times on M*A*S*H.
They have hundreds of autographed hot dog buns framed on the walls.
Including:

Jamie Farr
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Barack Obama
James Earl Ray*
and
Burt Reynolds

* no, not James Earl Jones

Despite displaying a racist murderer on their wall of fame, lunch was yummy.
Hot dogs, chili, paprikas dumplings.
Four more hours to Pittsburgh.

Lauren's folks welcomed us into their warm home with home made lasagna and wine.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.
Here we go.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment