July 27 - Reality Headquarters

It was a day spent doing lots of low paying runs.
Around 3:30 I decided I was done.
I went to Fantasy Headquarters.
It's a huge costume and gag shop on the northwest side.
The windows are painted with goofy likenesses of leprechauns, Elvis and Austin Powers.
I've always gone there for some reason.
For show props and stuff.
I should probably specify that.
Beatlemagica needed a knife and some clown white.

At the register I noticed a come-on taped to a glass case.
LOTTO TICKETS $2 EACH
"What's with the lottery tickets?" I asked.
"Each one is a guaranteed winner," said the nice, short girl with the thick Chicago accent.
"It's if you wanna play a prank on someone who always plays the lottery and they haven't won in a while."
Hm.
I wonder how that prank is being received in today's desperate economy.

It was our last Beatle rehearsal before the show tomorrow.
During the second run through, the knife broke in two pieces.
Fantasy Headquarters has a strict no returns policy.
I hope the clown white isn't just wax anthrax.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment