July 21 - Cares Missing

Oh no.
I've already got the two weeks notice blues and am nowhere near giving my two weeks notice.
Maybe that's why the same speed bumps I've been driving over day after day for the last four years were particularly annoying today.

"The waiting is the hardest part" - Richard Petty, professional driver (like me!)

Heat, sweat, traffic, rage, frustration, sighing, exhaustion, hate.
That was another pointless eight hours.

On to better nights.
Beatlemagica rehearsal went well.
We open in a week.
Tonight we ran the show all the way through from top to bottom without interruptions but also without live musical instruments.
Unfortunately, for time we'll have to cut a Jethro Tull tribute band bit featuring Reid in an enchanting, knee-scathing performance.
RIP Thick As A Brick.

Afterward we all went out for drinks.
It was a wonderful first date, where we shared firsts, worsts, and favorite Wire characters.
For the record, mine are McNutty, Snoop, and Omar.

I came home loaded and perhaps a bit chatty for sleeping Lauren.
So I talked a bag of tortilla chips into my mouth over on the couch.
Then a Forensic Files rerun made me emotionally queasy and I passed out in a drought.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment