July 20 - Salad Nights

Hey, I heard back from the office job.
We talked briefly.
I used an outdated cellphone to tell them I was interested in the writing position. They specified that the position would be inside of an office for 40 hours per week. I said I was ready.

Imagine.
A steady income.
Health insurance.
I could ride my bike again.
I would be able to afford things like restaurants and new underwear.
Most importantly, I would be writing.
An activity I happen to enjoy.
I'd get my pride back, too.

So I worked on the writing sample.
It's a challenging voice.
I wrote a few possible directions for the piece between runs, wrote things on post it notes while driving, reworked it from the loading zone of the Wrigley Building, and revised it when I got home.
After a quick, probably delicious dinner I attended Beatlemagica rehearsal.
I directed Beatlemagica.
Beatlemagica rules.

Back at home I revised the piece some more.
Lauren helped update my resume into the wee hours.
Weeee.
Her wizardry turned my cold dead bean of a resume into a decent salad.

They should sell resumes in bags.
Delicious edible resumes.
Popcorn flavored resumes, ice cream flavored resumes, beef wellington...zzzzzzzzz

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment