August 9 - Inspirational Coffee Mug Needed

Last week of messengering.
No matter what.
I cannot go back.

My boss offered me a raise.
40% commission plus 22¢ per mile.
I told him no.
It's still not enough to live off of after gas and maintenance expenses.
He asked me if I could give him an extra week.
I said I couldn't, that I would be starting my new job.
There is no new job.

I posted on Facetown that I am retiring from messengering for real and for good this week.
Many people have typed congratulations to me.
Maybe they're genuinely happy that I am changing my life.
But I feel guilty.
It's easy to quit.
Then again, it's generally easy to get knocked up.
People are all over the internet congratulating that act.

So what are my options?
a) Freelance production assistant work
b) Customer service in an office
c) Entry level box office work
d) Selling stuff
e) Deciding that Ba Le needs a bicycle delivery boy

Wait, wait! Isn't delivering sandwiches pretty much bike messengering?
Shut up.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment