August 17 - Snack Scout

Joanie asked me to arrive at Fletcher at 8:30am.
I carried two large tool kits and a printer up to a rental office.
A thin man named Sven greeted me with caution.
It seemed he was her assistant.
Joanie told me to pick up some sundries from the supermarket, along with a woman named Lyne from a hotel in River North.
She was from LA and enjoyed a Ron Wood haircut.
"I'm pretty green, so I'm not sure what we are doing today," I confessed.
"Scouting locations", Lyne stated.
I dropped her off and ran around town purchasing breakfast, coffee, lunch, more snacks and office supplies.
I didn't get the right type of 8-tab separators.
But I did get the right type of pens.

Lyne's necklace broke.
She asked if I could find some pliers.
I went downstairs by the cliquey gaggle of camera techs.
They were joking about shop.
"The greenest PA in the reddest shirt!" they laughed.
Hmm.
I was wearing a red shirt yesterday.
They eventually but briefly acknowledged my existence and found some tools for me to borrow.
It took two attempts before I found the right kind of pliers for Lyne's necklace.
But I did it!
Is this what I do now?

With a couple of Whole Foods bags filled with fruit, healthy snacks and specific brands of tea and soy milk, I hailed a cab out to the suburbs. Horizontal, I woke up in Elmhurst with the pressured branding of my sunglasses on the left side of my face.
I picked up a rental SUV and headed for the airport to pick up Cody the director.
Over the course of the day, I learned that Lyne was the producer for a commercial that had something to do with hockey. It would be shooting in a week.

I held up a sign with the name Cody on it.
Cody walked past me and called the office to see where I was.
Misfire!
Cody talked about how the word "snacks" was funny.
He was on the phone for the majority of our time together.
I think I was older than Cody.

I was to take Cody to an ice rink near the airport so he could scout it out.
The directions were inaccurate and at one point I had to turn around.
Cody started a second conversation with me during his main conversation.
"Should I just call Lyne to get directions from her?"
We never had another conversation.

Cody joined Lyne and the location scout at the ice rink.
It would not do.
Afterward, Lyne and Cody rode back to the city.
Cody ragged on the storyboards.
Lyne ragged on Chicago.
I drove an SUV.

They took the Whole Foods bags with them to the hotel.
I went to a sporting goods store and purchased hockey gear.
An Italian sausage found its way into my diet.
I got home around 9pm and received a text from Joanie.
"Awesome job today"

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment