December 16 - Sleep Beats Life

I slept til 11.
I went back to bed at 1.

I woke up at 5.
The mail arrived.
I got a letter from the unemployment office.
Back on December 1, they called for a hearing over the phone.
My old boss Wroth was on the line.
Along with some attorneys.
They wanted to know why I was claiming unemployment if I quit my job as a messenger.
Wroth had the floor first.
He went on to say that I had quit, and had only given him one week notice.
The truth is I gave him two weeks notice.
He asked me for three, and I told him I couldn't do that.
Wroth spoke his mind some more.
Then it was my turn.
I told them that I indeed did quit the messengering job.
I didn't mention the two weeks vs. one week notice thing.
That moment had already passed.
I told them I was claiming unemployment for my work after that.
They asked if I had anything else to say.
"Just, hey Wroth."
"'Ey, Tony."

The letter said I was officially unqualified for unemployment benefits.
It went on to say that I had quit my messenger job with just one week notice.
Fine.

I got another letter.
The city said I parked in a residential permit zone on October 27.
But I didn't.
I don't have proof.
But I didn't park there.
It's too late.
The city has made a final determination.
They want me to pay $120.
For now I am refusing to pay it.
I don't know what I can do.

Being awake hadn't gone my way today.
I went back to bed at 8:30.

Verdict: Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment