June 15 - Sainthood

An easel was taken from a north side theater to a civic action group in the Loop.
A medal of honor was driven from a law school to the southwest suburbs.
A box of some kind was given to a concierge collective by The Blue Man Group.

Also, a few boxes of business cards had to be picked up in Lansing.
That's on the Illinois-Indiana border.
I dropped into the Hoosier state for some cheap gas.
Then I saw cigarettes were only $4 so I had to buy some of those stupid things.
A sign advertised DEEP FRIED PEANUTS, and so I ate those "shell-n-all".
I wanted to get some fireworks but I didn't have time.
Luckily next door to the business card printer was a big neon sign that shouted GUNS.
I entertained the idea of buying all the guns and handing them out at the border as a kind of saintly deed to our under-armed brethren.
I would become The Patron Saint of Firearms.
And my cool, handsome, winged statue would straddle the divide between our two states.
But I had to get going.
It's always nice to get out of the city.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment