May 6 - Me To

My pager went off at 8:30am.
Yes, a pager.
My work issues them to the messengers.
It has a full qwerty keyboard.
You can email anyone you want.
I actually prefer my pager to my cellphone.

So at 8:30 my boss was paging me:
WORK: tony, are you on the way?
ME: Not yet. I work every minute of my life and i'm exhausted.
WORK: ME TO

Decent day at work.
They sent me up to Waukegan, Glenview, and Winnetka, which enabled me to drop off The Nurse Novels 1/2" reel to Carl Saff for mastering. Our single will be mastered within the month!
Carl lives near the site of an old Magikist sign, a giant pair of lips that used to lurch over many Chicagoland expressways. Coincidentally or not, there's a small street right around there called Lipps Avenue.

The afternoon was dead and I slept for over two hours in an Office Depot parking lot before heading to Nurse Novels practice. It was our first time playing since the lackluster Quenchers preview. Repairing the rust.

Speaking of Quenchers, that's where Thea and I went after practice to see The Columbines. They opened with a few new numbers that sound right. John grips this one chord that covers eight frets or something, like he's on the cover of Cave Guitar World Magazine. We booped around with popcorn in our mouths, which made it difficult to sing along with Knox on their version of Danzig's "Killer Wolf". But I did. And then I bought their record on vinyl.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment